Thursday, May 5, 2016

Work Your Way Up







  Hello everybody.

Today we are with Mauricio Munoz.

He is the founder and owner of Pressure Washing Clearwater.

His web : http://www.pressurewashingclearwater.com/

Without further delay, here are the questions and his answers.





    

Q:  Why did you decide to have your own business (as opposed to getting a job somewhere) ?

A: My entire life I wanted to have my own business. To do the things that I wanted to create.I wanted to generate employment for others as well. Also I didn't want to be like my father who worked all the time and didn't have time for his family or anything else.

 

Q: Did you have any worries at first? And how did you overcome them?

A: To begin with, I had a good paying job but I decided it wasn't too ethical. So I quit it. I didn't have a job, no money, no credit cards. My wife was pregnant.  At that state I didn't have any other choice but do something....So I worked for construction business' for a while. To answer your question, no I didn't have worries about starting a business. I was already broke. 

 

Q: What were the first five actions you took to get started?

A: 1- Decision to have my own business

     2- Observation. When I was working in construction, I was looking to see what was needed and wanted in the field. I saw that window cleaning was  easy and didn't cost much money to get started.

     3- Get information on how to do it.

     4-Buying the tools necessary to clean windows.

   5-Printed Business Cards and Flyers Free Google Advertising, Craigslist. Anything free I could find online I used. Then headed to local stores and offered my window cleaning service.

 

Q: Did you come across with challenges and doubt yourself (what am I doing? ) 

 A:    Yes. It had been a while I was cleaning windows, I remember  my younger daughter was about 1 year old. I used to work all the way from 7 am to 12 at night. Looking for new work, I didn't have a car, so I was riding my bike to work. Between work and riding bikes, I was exhausted. Physically I wasn't in good shape. I used to fall asleep soon after I got home. I had no time for my family or anything else. Then I started working with another person, he had a truck, that handled the ride situation but still I was tired and didn't have any time but work only. If I didn't work we wouldn't eat...those times I used to occasionally think, maybe I should work for a company and get a paycheck instead of working so many hours.   

 

    Q: Did you invest a lot of money?

   A:  No. Only about $200 to start  (for tools and business cards ). 

   

Q: You started with window cleaning, how did you get into pressure washing field?

 A: I was cleaning windows ,mostly for gas stations, then I got a call from a regional director,he asked  if I could clean the windows for all of their gas stations. Then I was asked if I could pressure wash their driveway. At first I was renting the pressure washing equipment, eventually I got a new one and even built one myself as well. 

 

 Q: How do you see the future of your business?

 A: I see a very bright future. I want to produce 1 million dollar worth of service. I want the people I work with to prosper and expand too.


Q: Do you have any advice for people who want to start a business?

A: I suggest people to start their own business'. Because the society is on the shoulders of small business owners & entrepreneurs. 

     If a person isn't happy with what they are doing or they are frustrated with their work conditions, they need to take the chance and see things from a different point. Look around, see what you are good at.

Q: Is there anything else you would like to add?

  A:  My wife's name is Charlotta. My parents in law are Ralf and Doddi Gerhardy. Without their support in every stage of my business from day one until today I wouldn't be able to make it.  Thank you.

 

 Thank you Mauricio for sharing your story with us. 

 

 


 








                                                                         Before
                                                                    After (wow!)
                                                                       Before

                                                                       After

 

  I say, great job!

  

    



     


   

  

      



 

 


      

 

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews