Thursday, October 11, 2018

INTERVIEW WITH A NAIL POLISH DESIGNER



    Hello Friends all over the world,

Here is another interview to motivate you. Sheila with the help of her husband designs the nail polishes that are free of 5 most harmful chemical ingredients.

Owners: Sheila Meyers and Ryan Myers
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/bellabosio/
https://www.etsy.com/shop/bellabosio
web site: http://www.bellabosio.com

  



 

Question 1- Why did you decide to have your own business (as opposed to getting a job somewhere)

Passion in Nail art. I decided why not have my own business that combine my passion for nail art + business venture.
Also I really wanted to have my own business. Even though I work somewhere else. I still want to be creative and have extra income too.




Question 2- Did you have any worries at first? And how did you overcome them?

Absolutely. At first I had to research and have my own brand. 
Two options. The first option - Go to a Nail Line and get them making it & putting my label on it. Which required investment.
The second option- Find another solution. 

I was thinking, how can I make it? I had to do a lot of research. At first I didn't even think it was possible. I had many barriers. 
Found some data....didn't work....I definitely wanted to give up a few times! But I did persist researching and trying. 
My husband was very helpful giving ideas and helping me figure things out.




Question 3- What were the first five actions you took to get started?
1-Having the idea of a business

2-Research how to come up with a product 

3-Learn  what is necessary to start a business and do them (with help) such as sales tax, business license , branding etc. 

4-Figured out Social Media and put out posts on my products at least for the local community.

5-I started doing outdoor markets in the community.


Question 4- Did you come across with challenges and doubt yourself (What am I doing?)

At first I did. What if I don't make something good enough? After I started making and people started liking them, it got less and less. The challenges were still there, how to make more of what is needed and continue to come up with new things. But they became less and less, and same with the self doubt.




Question 5- Did you invest a lot of money?

No. I found these companies to get base polish in small amounts. Make them into nail polishes, sell them and from there put the money back into the business.


 Question 6- How do you see the future of your business?
I definitely see it taking off. It's just a matter of putting time, effort & marketing to make it go. I like the idea of going directly to the consumers. That is why we have our product in Amazon, Etsy. Also people can get it in Salons nationwide.




Question 7- Do you have any advice for people who want to start a business?

The advice I can give is if a person is passionate about something, they should find an activity in that field to turn into business, whether it's a product or service.
The reason is, if they have the passion, they'll make it go & overcome the barriers and make it amazing!
-------------



 Thanks beautiful Sheila!

I have a question , when you read the last answer, what did you think of as your passion?
Can you do something about it?
Go on! : )











1 comment:

Total Pageviews